Community Rules & Etiquette and Privacy Guidelines
Thanks for being part of the Folger online teacher community. By joining this community, you are helping to build a lively space for civil and fruitful dialogue—and all kinds of professional growth.
We need to tell you—and please read--these few “small print” things for now. We assume that you and your colleagues in this space will follow these basic guidelines:
- YES to spirited discussion and debate about teaching and learning but NO to personal attacks on any community member. Respectful and robust conversation only, of course.
- YES to the highest standards of integrity and honesty. NO to distributing copyrighted material or presenting someone else’s work as your own. That’s against the law and will get us in trouble and you in trouble.
- NO to collecting or disclosing data about other users without their consent.
- NO to posting commercial or advertisement messages.
- NO to stalking or otherwise harassing anyone. Of course.
- NO hacking this site. Of course.
- Folger reserves the right to approve or reject your postings.
- We expect that anything shared in this community will not include software viruses or malware, spam or “chain letters,” illegal or harmful content, misleading or fraudulent material, discriminatory or hateful language, advertisements or solicitation.
- We reserve the right to suspend your activity in this community if you don’t pay attention to all of the above.
Questions about any of this? Direct them to Folger Education via the “Contact Us
” link on this site.
A Note on Discussion Groups
- Please include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, affiliation, location. By clearly labeling our contributions, we encourage open and responsible discussion.
- Keep subject lines clear and concise—this allows others to respond appropriately to your topic.
- If you need to tell us anything of an administrative nature—settings, etc.—use the “Contact us” button to submit your changes rather than doing so in a discussion group. We’ll get the information faster that way and will be able to help you more quickly.
The Legal Stuff
This site is provided as a service by the Folger Shakespeare Library. The Folger is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by Folger or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall Folger be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants Folger the right to display and copy this material, with proper attributions, for educational purposes.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade.
In the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of Folger, we will take all appropriate action.
The Folger Shakespeare Library reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
We respect your privacy
Any personal information you provide to us, including your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address, will not be released, sold, or rented to any entities or individuals beyond the Folger Shakespeare Library. Ever, ever, ever.